Welcome to the Lake City Museum!
One of the objectives of this web site is to share Hinsdale County and Lake City's past. If you have photo's that relate to our early history, information on events, stories of your family when they lived here or other tidbits that might be of interest, please share them with us. We would love to post your stories and photos on the web site. Please don't hesitate to contact us with what you would like to share and we will be glad to work with you.
The museum is staffed by volunteer docents. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. If they don't know, they can find out for you.
During the Summer months several tours are held to educate the public on the history of our community. All are walking tours and begin at the Museum. All tours are individually unique and of interest to all ages.
Cemetery Tours - Tuesdays 10:30 am, June 25 – Sept. 10, $5 adults, $2 children. Gather at the Museum. Transportation is required.
Historic District Walking Tours – Thursdays 10:30 am, June 27 – Aug. 8, $5 adults, $2 children.
Ghost Tours - Fridays 8 pm, June 28 – Aug. 16, $8 adults, $2 children. Bring a flashlight and a warm jacket.
MODERN HOMES INT. TOUR – Friday 1:00 pm, Aug. 9, $10. Your own transportation is required.
HISTORIC HOMES INT. TOUR – Friday 1:00 pm, Aug. 16, $10. Your own transportation is required.
- THE REX SCHAFAR STORY (ROSE'S CABIN) – Wednesday 6:30 pm, July 10, donations appreciated.
- 19th CENTURY TINTYPE – Saturday 1:00 pm, July 20, donations appreciated.
- PACKER, THE COLORADO CANNIBAL – Wednesday 4:00 pm, July 17, donations appreciated.
- BLACKSMITHING ART – Saturday 2:00 pm, Aug. 3, donations only.
- SCARLET BELLES – Confirmed w/ Paula Davis, Tuesdays 7:30 pm, July 23 & 30 and Aug. 6, 13 & 20, $7.
- PARLOR SINGING (FAVORITE VOCAL SELECTIONS FROM PERFORMANCES IN 2010, 2011 & 2012, INCLUDING CAMPFIRE SONGS) – Wednesdays 7:00 pm, July 24 & 31 and Aug. 7 & 14, donations appreciated
- HISTORY OF THE LAKE CITY BRANCH OF DENVER & RIO GRANDE RAILROAD – Monday 6:30 pm, July 29 and Aug. 12, 6:30 pm, $5
- DENVER & RIO GRANDE BUS TOUR – Tuesday 9:00 am, July 30 and Aug. 13, $20, meet at museum, bus limited to 11
- FLINT KNAPPING – PROJECTILE POINTS – Saturday 1:00 pm, July 13
- Back in Thyme: Victorian Tea. August 12. (a ladies high tea) will be held in Helen's Garden adjacent to the Museum. Wearing of large hats and period costume (but not necessary) will be appropriate. Proceeds from the tea will be used to maintain Helen's Garden in memory of Helen Ewart, a benefactor of the Museum. Tickets are $25 each and limited to 50, so get your reservations in now! A delightful and delicious time is had by all.
- Turkey Trot Fun Run/Walk - Thanksgiving Day