Welcome to the Lake City Museum!
2017 GUIDED TOURS & EVENTS
During the summer, special events and guided tours are held to educate the public on the history
of Lake City and Hinsdale County and provide an enjoyable experience for all.
Call for reservations/information 944-2050 or purchase tickets at the Museum.
We will begin our season on Memorial Day weekend with a limited schedule.
· Cemetery Tours – Tuesdays 10:30 am, July 11 & 18; Aug. 1 & 15
· Guided Walking Tours of the Historic District - Thursdays 10:30 am, June 29
through August 10
· Ghost Tours – Fridays 8 pm, June 23 through August 18
· Interior Modern Homes Tour- Friday 1 pm, July 28
· Interior Historic Homes Tour- Friday 1 pm, Aug 4
· Volcanoes of Lake City (Field Trip) with Harvey DuChene – Fri. June, 30, 9 am
· Flint Knapping with Bruce Burks - Projectile Points, Sat. July 2, 1 pm
· Scarlet Belles - A short drama on Lake City's prostitutes, Wed. July 5, 12 & Tues. Aug. 1, 8,
7:30 pm Leo Jo Lowry on piano 7 to 7:30 pm, doors open 6:30 pm. (Now in our 7th “Hit Season”)
· Beneath Blue Mesa with Dave Primus - Fri. July 7, 6:30 pm, limited seating.
· Alfred Packer with Michelle Pierce - Thursday July 13, 6:30 pm, limited seating.
· Story Time for Children with Linda Pavich & Barbara Hoaglin – Wednesdays July 12 through Aug. 9, 10:30 am, free with paid admission to Museum.
· Pump Organ Demonstration with Leo Jo Lowry – Fri. July 14, 2:30 pm, limited standing space.
· The USS Hinsdale with Schuyler Denham - Wed. July 19, 6 pm, limited seating.
· Ute Ulay with P. David Smith – Wed. July 26, 6:30 pm, limited seating.
· Susan B. Anthony and Chipeta (Chief Ouray’s wife) with Michelle Pierce - Thursday Aug. 3, 6:30 pm, limited seating.
· The History & Art of Blacksmithing with Terry Klug, Sat. Aug. 5, 2 pm.
· Rocks & Minerals 101 with Harvey DuChene – Sat. Aug 12, 1 to 4
· Back In Thyme Victorian High Tea/Luncheon -
To be determined – contact museum or go to lakecitymuseum.com for information
(will be updated with more information if held)
HELP US PRESERVE OUR HISTORY
through annual and lifetime memberships & donations!
Print out the membership/donation form via the link under the Hinsdale County Historical Society heading and show your support today!
Also, please consider donating or loaning local historical artifacts
to the Museum & keep our heritage where it belongs ... at home.
For more information, call 970-944-2050 (please leave a message).
Business Life Members
Hall Realty, Inc, Highlander Campground, Lake City/Hinsdale CountyChamber of Commerce, LKA International, Inc., Lake City Area Medical Center, Lake City Mines, Miners & Merchants Bank, Slumgullion Gift Gallery, WEBCO
2017 Business Members - Level 2 & Level 3 Sponsors
Level 3: The Matterhorn Motel
Level 2: A.B. Construction, Inc., Blue Spruce Building Materials, Gunnison Savings & Loan, Lake City Bakery, Lakeview Property Management, Local Warming LLC, Mountaineer Theatre, Scenic River Tours, Inc., The World of Gem Creations, Vickers Ranch